Sunday, August 8, 2021

Rose's 3rd Birthday

Rose turned THREE in May! I can't believe I have a 3 year old! We basically spent the whole month celebrating her. Rose had been planning her birthday since her second birthday and was SO excited when it finally was here. For this birthday she requested balloons, candles, and rainbow cupcakes. And I figured even I could manage to bring those dreams to life. Earlier in the month we had a friend birthday party with a handful of her friends and their little siblings. I made a balloon garland (thank you YouTube and Amazon balloons!), some pink strawberry cupcakes with cream cheese frosting and rainbows on top, and then picked out some fun wavy candles for her to blow out. I set up a little pool in the backyard for the kids and laid out some blankets for the moms. And Rose had lots of fun! We didn't expect gifts, but Rose got a few gifts that she is obsessed with (still after 3 months). A water bottle that she calls her "party water bottle" and brings everywhere, and a bracelet that her friends made and every time she wears it she says "My friends made this saselet for me. I love my friends!" 

On her actual birthday, we were in Park City for the weekend with Ryan's family so we made another cake so she could blow out the candles AGAIN! (A real highlight of her birthday.) And we just spent time with family. We also visited a play ground and a park and the library. Some of Rose's favorite things. :)

Rose is such a sweet and fun little girl. She has so much to say and picks up new words and phrases SO quickly! I think she's got to be one of the smartest 3 year olds! (Totally unbiased mom over here.) She loves to read books, look at pictures, watch music videos with Ryan, eat snacks and treats, go to the library and the playground and on family walks. Her favorite food is strawberries. And she loves little treasures like rocks and flowers. She loves helping with Lucy and going to wake her up every morning. 

Rose is a typical big sister who likes to be in charge. She's also very cautious, but she's learning new things every day like how to balance on curbs and jump over cracks, and run faster on our walks, and she's  even been practicing climbing up little rock walls with her dad's help. She can often be found saying "I'm still learning!" with both hands up in the air or "I am big, I am brave, and I can do ANYTHING!" 

She gets more and more fun each day, and a little bit more spunky and independent each day too. We love love love this cute girl! (Who is NOT a little girl anymore. If you ask her, she's a big kid.) We love you Rosie Posie! ❤️

































Is there anything cuter than a bunch of little kids talking to each other? One of the boys wanted to look at the present and Rose told him "This is my present actually." ("actually" being one of her more recently learned words. 😂)

Wanted more strawberries, didn't want to take a picture. Life is tough when you're 3. 








Her face here cracks me up. 😂





Featuring: the balloon garland I made! 

The cupcakes I made! Aren't they so cute?! (and they were delicious! Thank you strawberry cake box mix!)













Wanted to wear her winter jacket at the end of May. (I will admit that it was awfully cold in Park City when we went! It snowed!)

Trying on her birthday present from her Grandma Lisa. 


Lucy wanted to try them on too. 😂

Our gift for Rose was this doctor kit and it was a huge hit! She loves pretending to be Dr. Rose. 



Also, here are two baby photos because I don't know how she got from this to the giant 3 year old that she is now! 😭❤️







 

3 comments:

  1. She has such an expressive face, she'll never be able to hide what she's thinking. So cute "watching" her grow up through your blogs and photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rose, what a sweetie! Loved the pictures too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rose is so adorable with her expessive faces, she certainly knows what she likes and what she doesn't! Loved your rainbow cupcakes and the Birthday Picnic. Yes, they do grow so fast, sometimes it makes your head spin! Lucy is too cute in that tutu head dress! Great job Mom and Doctor Rose! 💕

    ReplyDelete