Friday, August 20, 2021

Warburton Family Reunion - June 2021 - Cripple Creek, Colorado (Part 2)

 I'm breaking our Colorado trip into two posts so it's not SO overwhelming to look at all the pictures! :) 

Alright, Day 5 of our trip, we convinced my parents to go on a date together and they rode on the local train, ate ice cream, and bought some Cripple Creek T-shirts. They don't get to go on dates together very often with Carson and my grandma to look after. While they were on their date, the rest of us decked out the cabin in balloons and streamers and made a chocolate coconut cake with color changing candles. We also put on birthday hats and had poppers and kazoo's to surprise my parents when they got back. 

Back story: I've been emailing my dad questions every week this year to get to know him better and learn more about his life. #familyhistory One of the questions I asked earlier this year was "What was your favorite birthday and why?" He responded that it was probably his 40th birthday (which was 23 years ago by the way) when my mom threw a surprise birthday party for him and lots of their friends from the neighborhood and church showed up. And he remembered that there were black balloons everywhere. And I felt bad because I don't think dad has had a real birthday party like that probably SINCE his 40th birthday. We always do cake and presents but most of my siblings have been out of the house for several years now (I've been gone for EIGHT years.) So, I asked my siblings how they would feel about throwing a surprise birthday party for my dad and my mom (even though their birthdays are in January and February) because we would all actually be together. and they all liked the idea! And Mom and Dad would never suspect it because it's not even close to their birthdays! haha 

Anyway, that's what the birthday party pictures are from. 

Okay, Day 6 we drove to some cliff dwellings in Manitou Springs, Colorado. It's these buildings that some Native Americans built and lived in in the side of a cliff for hundreds of years! They still lived there in the early 1900's. The buildings were incredible to walk through. And to imagine what it would be like to live in the side of a cliff! 

Day 7, (our last full day) we went to the local Outlaws and Lawmen Jail museum. Then my dad and siblings went to the Mollie Kathleen Gold Mine. Later we played minute to win it games (boys against girls. Boys smoked us. In just about every game...) and then we tried out these eyebrow stencils on everyone which turned out to be hilarious. Remind me to never trust Ryan to do my make up, ever. 😅

We also did family pictures on the last day (as well as some graduation pictures for Carson, who somehow is old enough to be graduated! 😭)

All in all, it was a fun trip and I'm really glad everyone was able to come! I'm already looking forward to planning our next reunion! 






































































The Eyebrows











































































































1 comment:

  1. Wow, you are such a busy Mama! Love the pictures of Lucy and Ryan when she is clearly not happy that Daddy is mocking her disagreeable faces, she is so adorable. Em's not a bad photographer either, because I loved the photos of you and Ryan she captured. So wonderful to see your happy little family! 💕

    ReplyDelete