Sunday, January 20, 2019

Granny's Banana Bread


I made this banana bread the other day and realized that I really need an easier way to access the recipe for it. My freshman year of college I had my mom send me recipes. So saved, deep in the documents of my old laptop that I don't use very often I have this recipe for the best banana bread ever. (Anything my grandma makes is the best ever, and this is her recipe.)

I had the brilliant idea to make a blog post about it and then save it as a pin on Pinterest and then voila! I'll always have my banana bread recipe saved right where I can easily access it! Hooray for modern technology!

When your bananas sit in the counter for too long because you keep buying them with the intention of eating healthier and then never eat them, like I always do (... the same thing just happened with a whole entire box of spinach....sigh...) you will have bananas that are perfect for making banana bread!

Although, try to keep any babies away, because babies love mashed up bananas... and might try to help you make them... by spitting up in the general direction of your bowl.

Do you see the little puddle next to her bumbo seat? I moved the bowl just in time to avoid having sour milk included in the recipe. Phew! (I swear, she was aiming for the bowl!)

Or, by trying to put their toys in the bowl:

And yes, I do mean "toys" Rose likes playing with our snacks more than she likes playing with her baby toys.
So, anyways, here is the recipe. Everything in italics is my own rendition of the recipe. The NOT italicized parts are word for word what was sent to me.

Banana Bread:

1/2 cup cooking oil
1 cup sugar
2 eggs, beaten
3 ripe bananas, mashed
2 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda (and if you don't say "tsp" the way the fairies in Sleeping Beauty say it, you're reading the recipe wrong.)
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
3 tablespoons milk
1/2 tsp vanilla
a couple extra large handfuls of chocolate chips or more at your discretion

Beat the oil and sugar together. Add eggs and banana pulp and beat well. (And if you don't have a beater, I've made this recipe tons of times with just a spoon and sheer arm strength without any issues.)  Add sifted dry ingredients, milk, and vanilla. Mix well. (ADD THE CHOCOLATE CHIPS, this is my own addition, but it is definitely worth it! Unless you're a weirdo that doesn't like delicious food.) Pour into greased and floured 4 1/2 x 3 x 2 inch loaf pans. (Should be enough for about 4 mini loafs.) Bake at 325* for 40-45 minutes.  (I use muffin tins and spray the insides with cooking spray and only bake for about 20 minutes. This way, the recipe makes about 18 muffins.)

There you go, the best banana bread you will ever eat! And don't be embarrassed if you eat it all in a day or two, between Ryan and I, we only made them last until the next morning. (18 muffins in 18 hours isn't so bad!)

A special thank you to my little helper who wasn't fast enough to push this glass jar of rice onto the floor when I wasn't looking. <3







No comments:

Post a Comment