Friday, October 17, 2014

Moving Mountains

I have been thinking about this blog post for about 2 months now. Waiting for the right time to share it.
NOW IS THAT TIME AND I AM SO EXCITED!

If you had asked me 15 years ago, 10 years ago, 2 years ago, or 2 months ago if I was planning on serving a mission I would have said "Heck no!" or maybe a milder "Um, no, I don't think so..." or "Right now, the answer is no."

The idea of ME on a mission wasn't even a thing. It was not ever something I wanted to do, not even for a minute.

I do not like trying new food, I do not like talking to strangers, I did not have a super strong testimony, I do not know how to learn languages, I am not very fit, I am not very tough, and I am not very strong.


But, two months ago, Heavenly Father started working on me and changing my attitude. He showed me for a second that I could actually be a missionary. He only gave me a super duper teensy glimpse. But it was enough to make me think. The more I thought about it, the more my attitude towards serving a mission changed.

"Imagine all the good you could do, Kinsey! There are people in this world who DON'T KNOW that there is a loving Heavenly Father up there in Heaven just waiting to pour blessings on them if only they had faith. There are people that do not know they can pray to Heavenly Father for anything, about anything, to ask anything. They do not know that they can feel peace in the hardest times, that they can be happy in this devastating world, that they can feel love when they make mistakes. They do not know that a man came to Earth 2000 years ago to DIE for them. He literally came to Earth to sacrifice Himself so that every man and woman on Earth could find peace, could be comforted, could feel loved, and could be saved. There are people somewhere on this planet waiting for YOU, Kinsey! They need YOU and YOUR testimony. They need YOU to teach them the gospel."

So, surprise! I am going on a mission.






By the way, here is where I'm going:
"Dear Sister Warburton,
You are hereby called to serve as a missionary of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. You are assigned to labor in the Washington Tacoma Mission. It is anticipated that you will serve for a period of 18 months.
You should report to the Provo Missionary Training Center on Wednesday, February 4, 2015. You will prepare to teach the gospel in the English language"



No comments:

Post a Comment