Sunday, June 30, 2019

Fathers

I know Father's Day was two weeks ago, but is there ever a time that we shouldn't celebrate the important and meaningful people in our lives? I have been immensely blessed to be surrounded by really good men in my life and I wanted to write about them for you! We have plenty of bad men in the world, I hope this is a good reminder that there are good men too!

(Also, I know that an aesthetically pleasing blog post wouldn't have SO many pictures, but I just LOVE all of these photos and I already narrowed it down... TWICE... so you're just going to have to deal with the pictures that were left.)







I have a Dad who has always worked hard to provide for my family, who sets a good example to me of kindness and optimism, and who loves my Mom and all of us. He always does the right thing, even when it isn't the easiest thing. He is also the most grateful person I've ever met. While I was on my mission, he was going through chemotherapy and I remember getting emails from him about how he was just SO grateful for all of his blessings when I think it could have been really easy to not really feel that at the time.




I have a Father-in-Law who is steady and loyal and who taught my husband how to be a good man and to always look for ways to serve others. When Ryan was growing up they went to every single service opportunity their ward offered, even while he worked 2 jobs to provide for the family. And he is an awesome grandpa to Rose.


This is Ryan's dad with a baby Ryan! 

I have a husband who is wonderful in every way. He always strives to be better than the day before, he loves Rose and me to the ends of the earth, and he works really really really hard to provide for us while also going to school so we can have a better future. He is fiercely loyal to me and to those he cares about, he's kind to those who don't fit in, and he will drop anything to help someone in need. I fell in love with him while we were dating because every time we visited someone he would do their dishes. He's the best Dad to Rose, always willing to read her a book, spin her around, or give her a piece of chocolate when she points to the candy jar. She gets so excited every time she hears the door open when he comes home from work. I LOVE being his wife.




I have a grandpa who is a good example to me of quiet service. While he shows a grumpy exterior, he will always show up to help out, even when it is inconvenient. He is forever making gifts for people I would never even think to thank, like the mailman, doctors and nurses who he has met while in the hospital, and neighbors. He's a hard worker and one of my favorite people to sit and listen to as he tells stories.

Also, how cool does my grandpa look in this photo with my mom? 



I've had bishops and a mission president who saw my potential and always encouraged me to be my best self, while also always being willing to sit and talk to me when I needed guidance. They were busy men with a lot on their plate, but they always made me feel like I was important and as if they had all the time in the world to sit and listen to me. 

I am so grateful for the many good men in my life who make it easy to believe that I have a loving Father in Heaven who knows me, cares about me, and has my best interests in mind and to believe in a loving Savior who literally gave everything to save someone like me. 

This world seems to have a shortage of really good men, but here's a shout out to all of the good men I know, who have helped to shape me into the person I am today, and who give me hope for a wonderful future ahead.

1 comment:

  1. Kinsey, thanks for this beautiful post. I'm grateful to have been one of the good men in your life and that you married a good man! Love you,
    Dad

    ReplyDelete