Saturday, March 24, 2018

32 Weeks and Goblin Valley

Last weekend, we took advantage of my "Spring Break" (it's only one day off) to go camping near Goblin Valley with Ryan's family and my sister. It gave me a real appreciation for the pioneers and the women in the Book of Mormon who traveled in the wilderness while pregnant, that's for sure.

It was a lot of fun, with a few uncomfortable parts like inhaling too much smoke, freezing to death, and having to use the wilderness as my bathroom (I prefer bathrooms and plumbing.) The fun parts were playing hide and go seek in Goblin Valley, eating lots of snacks, s'mores, not having to worry about anything for 3 days, and our bubble blowing contest.

Here are the millions of pictures, as usual. :)


























In other news, I'm 32 weeks along. Our baby is very active, I think she's perfectly healthy. I'm doing good as well, I've been eating more, and a little bit healthier. (Minus the cake that I made last night. I had a vivid dream where I was making cake for my sister with homemade chocolate frosting, and then when I woke up and realized it was just a dream... I was devastated to realize there was no cake! :( So, I decided to make a cake with homemade frosting. I've been eating it for breakfast all morning.)

I feel very pregnant. My stomach is so round. I feel like I look kind of awkward, like a marshmallow with toothpick legs.

I don't really have any other pregnancy updates, other than I continue to hope that Baby Vorkink will wait until her due date to come. I still have a lot to do before she arrives. (People keep asking if we have everything we need, and if by that you mean 3 onesies and one baby bottle? Yep! If you mean things like a bed and stroller and car seat and diapers and everything else? Nope! You're talking to two professional procrastinators!)

On a totally unrelated note, I learn a lot of really fascinating things in my classes at school. In one of my classes I'm writing a paper about how prayer and forgiveness impact marriage, and this one guy, Frank Fincham has done a TON of studies about how important forgiveness is in marriage. I'm not just talking about forgiveness for big things like infidelity and abuse, but just for the little every day things. Anyways, BYU has this series of short videos about forgiveness in marriage, and I think they're great for anyone who is married or about to get married to watch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xaaNWD2IQQ0 (This one is actually part 3/4, but I don't think you need to watch them in order. This one was my favorite.)

Here's my 32 week bump. Also, I cut my hair. 

No comments:

Post a Comment