Wednesday, October 24, 2018

Rose is FIVE Months Old

Can you believe it? Rose has been on the earth (outside of the womb) for FIVE whole months now! I can barely believe it! We ADORE her.


Things about Rose:

- She is figuring out that she can roll over whenever she wants. She does it in her sleep. I tried to take her blanket away so she wouldn't suffocate, but then she was just M A D for 3 nights in a row, so I gave it back. Now, when I pray at night, I pray that she won't suffocate in her sleep, because I don't know how else to help her to fall asleep.

- She is a charmer. Smiling at everyone. She's pretty much the cutest little baby ever. I love love love her smile.

- She learned a new sound, it's very high pitched and squeal-y. It's her favorite sound to use now. On Sunday, she decided to "talk" away for all three hours. (Luckily, we moved into a ward with LOTS of babies.)

- She loves things that she can grab onto. Her blanket, these little crinkly baby books, the wipes, my hair, etc. She hasn't quite gotten control of her teeny tiny hands, so she struggles to get them where she wants, but once she realizes she has something in her hands she clasps it super tight and won't let go.

- She loves when her dad kisses her, his beard tickles her and makes her laugh.

- She prefers to be held up so she can stand and look at things. She gets awfully offended when I put her down on her back.

- She can sense when I'm getting myself food in the kitchen, because there is no rest for moms who want to eat. (How dare I stop feeding her to eat something myself?!)

We honestly just can't get enough of her. She is so sweet and excited about life and it is so exciting to watch her learn and grow. I love the giant smile she gives me every morning when I pick her up from her crib, the way she clings to my finger when she's feeling sad. I can't stand how adorable and little and innocent she looks in her footy pajamas. Her eyes are big and beautiful and perfect (and getting a little bit of brown in them). And the hair on her head is getting longer and fuzzier. She thinks it's hilarious to pee when I start to change her diaper. I'm sure she knows exactly what she is doing because she laughs every time.

Last night, we took her to Rowley's Red Barn Fall Festival. I wanted pictures of Rose for her first Fall. (I may have cried a little when we got there and I was so excited to take pictures with my nice camera, only to realize that I left my SD card at home plugged into my laptop. D: #mombrain ) But, I still got some great pictures of her, Ryan, and me on my phone.

How cute is this hat that Ryan's aunt made for her???



She was very interested in the hay. 




I love this picture! It cracks me up!



The corn was also VERY exciting stuff. 








Our family outing just wore her right out! She fell right to sleep on the hayride back to our car. 

I can hear her happy squeaking from her room now, the princess has awoken from her nap. So, I'll just end this blog post here.

No comments:

Post a Comment