Wednesday, October 17, 2018

Call Me Crazy...

First of all, here are some pretty darn cute pictures of Rose:

How cute is she in these adorable socks? It all of a sudden turned into Winter overnight and I wanted her to have nice warm feet. I just can't get enough of her in them!




Second of all, it's amazing how much can change in a week! Just last week I wrote a blog post about how I can't find a job and how hard it is to be rejected, and now I've decided to apply for graduate school. Surprise!

Here's what happened.

Nothing really, I've just been trying to figure out how to spend my time, how to stay productive, and how to best help our family succeed. So, I was looking and looking and looking for a job and it just wasn't working out.

So, then it occurred to me that if I want to go back to school (and I did, eventually, want to go back to school), that it would be better to do it now with just one kid than later when I have however many I'm going to have. I also am realizing that my motivation to try hard things is disappearing the longer I stay inside and avoid going out and doing anything. If I wait for 15 years to go back to school, I may be too afraid to try.

I loved studying about families in my undergraduate, and ultimately I would LOVE to be able to help families as a therapist or family life instructor, so I decided to apply for BYU's Marriage and Family Therapy Graduate program. It's kind of funny because I've been so bummed by all of my job rejections, and here I am applying to a program that only takes 9-12 students A YEAR (with 80-90 applicants...) but with this, if I get it, it's a HUGE opportunity and honor. If I don't get in, it's not just me, it's me and 80 other students, who are pretty smart, not getting in, so I won't be alone. Plus, then I'll just accept that I'm going to be a stay at home mom, and that's not a bad gig (staying home, playing with my kids, making cookies, and not worrying about homework or due dates or tests doesn't sound so bad.)

So, I went from looking for a job to diligently studying for the GRE for 2-3 hours every day while Rose naps and studying/teaching Rose college level vocab words while she eats. (I'm hoping her first word will be something crazy like "superfluous" or something. haha.)

I have 3 weeks until my GRE and 6 weeks until applications for the program are due. So, wish me luck and pray for me if you'd like! :)

Other things going on in our lives? There isn't much else. Rose and I went to the laundromat for the first time the other day:




I'm not really a big fan of this chore... and can anyone explain to me why they have such GIGANTIC dryers if it will only dry teeny tiny amounts of laundry at a time? What's up with that??? Also, I love coins and it hurts a little for every quarter I give away to them. :'(



Here is a cute picture of Rose dressed up for church. Our new church building is pretty awesome! It's ALSO old and we sat on the BALCONY during sacrament meeting. (The kid in front of us had toys and paper airplanes that I kept hoping he would let loose over the balcony, but he didn't. It would have been funny to watch.) How darling is Rose in this cute headband? Her head is finally big enough for it to stay on. :)


Because I am a terrible mother, I put Rose's pants on her head and just laughed and laughed. She didn't seem to mind, and I just think she is so dang cute!

And last, but not least, here are pictures of Rose with my grandpa and grandma and a beautiful sunset as we drove back home from Brigham City last weekend.




No comments:

Post a Comment