Tuesday, March 19, 2019

Highlights of the Year So Far

I have been putting off writing on my blog for some time now. It's been a crazy few weeks and I am EXHAUSTED. But I want to give the highlights of my year so far from January until now. 

Ryan and I asked his dad to watch Rose for a night while we went to Salt Lake City for a night with just the two of us for our Anniversary. We had SO much fun. Having a baby is wonderful, but they make it incredibly difficult to take the time to focus on your spouse the way you did before the baby came, and this night away was so much fun. We laughed and joked over dinner and didn't have to worry about changing Rose's diaper or making sure she was fed or keeping her happy while we ate. After dinner at the Cheesecake Factory, we went back to our hotel which was supposed to be pretty fancy, but ended up being kind of a bummer. In the morning, when we realized that the hotel charges a minimum of $17 a plate for breakfast, we decided to go to Eva's Boulangerie instead, which definitely was the right choice. I got a chocolate filled croissant and hot chocolate, and Ryan got flatbread pizza. It was delicious. I've already dragged Ryan back there once since our anniversary, and I plan on making him take me back many many more times. Our anniversary trip ended up costing us a lot more than we were expecting, and being poor college students that was a bit of a bummer (there's a funny story involving a swimsuit purchase that you'll have to ask Ryan about that goes along with this).





Luckily, we had time after everything to stop and do sealings at the Provo City Center Temple to finish off our getaway and it was the perfect ending to a fun trip. It was a good reminder that it doesn't matter what we have or what we do or what happens to us, that two years ago we were sealed for time and all eternity in a beautiful temple of God and our little family gets to be together forever because of that choice we made. All in all, it was a really great date, and I'm already looking forward to whatever we decide to do for next year.

Some other fun highlights are:

Getting to learn how to make pretty flower arrangements with my friend Bette at her ward activity. We even got to take the leftover flowers home!



Trying out different restaurants with Ryan including a Peruvian place on Center Street in Provo and a new pizza place on University Avenue.






With our new apartment we have had trouble finding affordable furniture that will also fit up our stairs, mainly a couch and a kitchen table. Every time we have people over, we all just gather around on the floor. However, last month I found a cute round table that fits in our kitchen for $20 at DI! And then on Facebook Marketplace I found a futon that isn't ugly or too uncomfortable for $50! These finds are some of the top highlights of this year so far! I LOVE having a couch to sit on with Rose to read books to her, and I love sitting by our kitchen window at our new table in the morning when the sunlight is coming in. (Especially with the flowers Ryan got me for Valentine's Day sitting on the table.)




We also decided to buy a really old truck, it needs some work, but it's in really good condition and it was also a great deal. The car Ryan had when we got married is on its last legs and we wanted something else to rely on, and with all the snow in the winter, we wanted something a little more sturdy than our little car.


I've had the chance to watch two kids who I adore a couple of times in the last few weeks, and it's been fun to spend time with them. One of them was one of my husbands and my nursery kiddos from our last ward who we've missed since moving.

And last, but not least, my parents came out for a mini trip to Utah and I got to spend some time with them in a time of the year that I don't normally get to see them.



Phew! I am now all caught up on January and February and a little bit of March!

I also have a few not-so-highlights, that are kind of funny. Here they are:

I was told by a family friend that this snack puff has a "strong will to live." hahaha 

This is just a cute picture of Rose's hand dimples. I think they are so cute!

We tried to do laundry at my brother's apartment complex but someone was being inconsiderate and hogging the dryer, we ended up having to take a washed load (meaning soaking wet and very heavy) to the laundromat to finish off my laundry. While there, this cute girl hung out in the laundry carts. 

Grandma sharing her ice cream with Rose. You can definitely win Rose over with sweets. 

I think this one is pretty self-explanatory. :'(

I guess I just don't know my own strength. You can call me Mrs. Incredible. 

When you are too lazy to walk into the kitchen for a knife or scissors, but not too lazy to spend 10 minutes ripping a box open.... 

The decision to wear heels for our dinner date on our anniversary was a poor one. I ended up walking through the City Creek mall in my socks.. that isn't socially unacceptable, is it? 

Finding Rose in the crib like this. 

Trying to decide if I could carry Rose in the diaper bag and deciding I better not. 

I spent all day trying to keep the kitchen warm enough for these rolls to rise but then I ended up having them rise for just a little too long. They did not turn out soft and fluffy like I had anticipated.









No comments:

Post a Comment