Thursday, August 22, 2019

Gone Camping...Again

If you read my post a little while ago, you saw that we attempted to go camping but it ended up with us driving through the Chick-Fil-A drive through and coming home to sleep in our own bed... along with packing up the entire campsite that we had completely set up...

They look like cute homesteaders to me in this photo. 

I was determined to try again before school started for Ryan though, and this time, it worked out! We had a great time!


We got to the area we were staying at in the late afternoon. Ryan set up our tent, and I held Rose, who was very excited about everything that was going on.

We hung out in the tent for a while, before making dinner, so that Rose could crawl around a bit and play.





Funny story with these pack n' play photos: Rose was in a bit of a naughty mood. Pretty much everything that we didn't want her to play with was what she wanted to be around most. Dirty shoes, dirty diapers, hammer, bug spray, etc. She also kept doing things she wasn't supposed to like hitting the sides of the tent or even throwing a rock at the side of the tent. We decided that after she started throwing rocks it was time to put her in "time out" (we were literally right next to her in the tent, so it wasn't that horrible for her. She didn't even realize she was being disciplined at first.) At first she just crawled around and just played in the crib, but then she started showing signs of boredom so Ryan told her "If you say 'Daddy' right now, I will let you come out early." and right after that she looked him straight in the eye and said "Mama" I was rolling around laughing, Ryan told her she could stay in there forever, and I got her out of the crib so we could make dinner.

But also, aren't those little legs so cute? And all of the rest of her too?

For dinner we had roasted hot dogs, which is one of my favorites. Ryan is disgusted by me, he prefers "real meat" like a bratwurst or a burger or something. We also had s'mores...but like the thoughtful parents we are, we waited until Rose was asleep to make them. She had lots of marshmallow on the drive up, so I don't feel that bad.



The sunset was beautiful, but it went down fast. I got some beautiful photos's that made me feel like I was in a Pride and Prejudice movie.

Pride and Prejudice right here... with frumpy characters dressed in comfy clothes instead of fancy dresses and fancy hair. 




Isn't this meadow beautiful? 




We left the rain fly off the top of the tent so we could see the stars when we went to bed. It was a really nice view to go to sleep to...however the moon came out in full force and woke up a little baby/toddler who must have been cursed or something by the moon powers because she was WIDE AWAKE at 3 am. Ryan and I were SO tired, and we tried everything to get her to go back to sleep, but she just had the most wide open eyes I have ever seen. She wanted to play, and talk, and giggle and all we wanted to do was sleep. So, you can probably imagine how the rest of our night went. She did eventually fall asleep next to me, but I couldn't move and my arm was completely numb.

My attempt at a hipster ish sunset photo. :) 


I hate how cold it gets at night in Utah, even in the middle of the summer. I have never had a comfortable morning experience while camping in Utah because I'm always way too cold. 

In the morning we had oatmeal and then went on a very short hike. Our campsite had a steep hill to go up and down to get everything, so once we had the truck loaded back up we were done with walking up hills, so we were on the hike as long as we possibly could be without having to walk up any hills. We camped at Buffalo Peak which is up waaaaaaay past Squaw Peak and gets you up pretty high in the mountains. So, even though we didn't hike the entire trail, we still got to see some pretty spectacular views of Rock Canyon.

This photo doesn't even partially do the view justice. We were SO high up. 




All in all, it was a slightly tiring, but good camp out and it was nice to spend some time out in nature before Ryan started school back up.




No comments:

Post a Comment