Monday, January 5, 2015

New Year Resolutions



For the past 5 days, I have been feeling a need to make new goals ( I always make New Year goals), however, this year is going to be so different then any other year I have ever had. In one month, minus a day, I will be leaving on my mission for 18 months. It doesn't really make sense (to me) to make goals only for this year. SO, I have decided to make goals for January, and then goals for my mission. Ta da! Genius.

And I know you all want to know my goals so I will share them.

January: 

Get my drivers license, even if it is 3 1/2 years over due. 

Pack up my bedroom.

Go running at least 3 times. Hopefully more.

Give a farewell talk that makes people cry. (You know it's good if you make people cry.)


Mission: 

Learn to work really hard.

Learn to talk to strangers. 

Get to know the Book of Mormon like it's my best friend. 

Learn how to listen to the promptings of the Spirit.

Become an optimist. 

Become selfless.

Continue to dance in the rain. (Unless that's not allowed. Then I won't.) 


What I mostly want from this year, and from my mission, is to become more of the person I have the potential to be. Sometimes I sit and I think and I just KNOW that there is more for me. I don't believe that I am here to just meander around life waiting to die. There are all sorts of amazing things I can accomplish, and making little goals every year will help me get to that point, whatever it is.



No comments:

Post a Comment