Monday, July 15, 2019

Goblin Valley Again

A few weeks ago we went camping at Goblin Valley with Ryan's family. We went last year in March sometime and I was pretty pregnant. This time around Rose is now 1 and a bit and I am not pregnant so I was able to actually play hide and seek and climb all over the rock formations.

I was so sure it would be miserable and horribly hot to be in Southern Utah in the middle of June, so I was kind of dreading the trip, but the weather ended up being surprisingly very nice. (It may have something to do with me praying beforehand that I would be able to have fun and not complain the whole time... prayer works!)

We were down there for 3 1/2 days, camping in the wilderness and we all survived and had a lot of fun. And I am SO glad that I got to do it this time without being pregnant. I would not recommend camping while in the third trimester. Not fun!

Some highlights:

- seeing a giant lizard,
- playing hide and seek in Goblin Valley State Park
- accidentally stumbling upon a geocache in the Park
- eating s'mores of course
- freezing to death at night because we weren't expecting the temperatures to drop SO much. And Rose sleeping with us so we could keep her warm, even though she never wants to sleep with us anymore.
- going to sacrament meeting in Green River where everyone was SO SO SO nice to us even though we smelt AWFUL.

This is a late blog post and my brain is feeling a little foggy right now, so I'm just going to go ahead and post pictures now. Enjoy!
























No comments:

Post a Comment