Monday, August 22, 2022

Snapshots of February

One of my favorite holidays is Valentine's Day. So the first half of the pictures are from Valentine's Day photo shoots I took of the girls. I may have gone overboard, but I just love the way they turned out, so I couldn't pick narrow it down more than it is. 

For the actual holiday I made heart shaped pink pancakes for breakfast and gave each of the girls a new book. For dinner we had some friends over and made pizza (heart shaped pizzas for the kids and regular shaped pizza for the adults.) 

A few other highlights of the month: 

- We found out our family would be adding a boy! (I only cried for two days about it, thanks to pregnancy hormones... and really wanting a third girl like my grandparents and their three daughters. It's fine 😅) 

- We spent a weekend in Layton and went on a fun walk to a frozen lake. 

- We spent a lot of time at home watching movies and hanging out on the couch. #pregnancy

- We visited Thanksgiving Points Museum of Curiosity, which was fun, but very crowded. 😬


























20 weeks along




Announcing baby boy








One of my plants died when I transferred it to a new pot, I saved the last leaf in hopes that I could propagate it and try again and it finally started growing roots in February!




I started painting again in February. I started this painting before Rose was born, and this is where it has been since then. 

This is the progress I made (before putting my painting supplies away and not taking them back out again 😅 It's now August.) 




I took a cute picture of Rose after church one Sunday. In primary that day the music leader asked them to sing a primary song louder and Rose sang as loud as she could "THIS GIRL IS ON FIIIIIIREEEEEE!" her favorite song at the time. 😂



We signed up for WIC and all had to get our fingers pricked. They didn't warn us ahead of time though so all three of us were unprepared. Rose is still talking about how much she didn't like it. Lucy was unphased, and I was nervous to have my very first finger prick. But we all survived and got matching pink bandaids. And got donuts afterward. 





A Valentine's Sensory bin came in the mail from Nanny and Papa ❤️

I love this picture because at some point in the last 6 months Lucy has stopped sucking on her thumb. Which is great! But also sad. 





Lucy hanging out with fun-cle Isaac.

















Poor Lucy fell and scraped her face on our wooden bookshelves 😭


Baby boy








Trying to eat the snow without touching the snow 😂





Thanksgiving Point 











We finally got rid of this toaster that I hate. 😂 I had to take a picture to remember it. 













No comments:

Post a Comment