Tuesday, November 17, 2020

Making Cake at Grannie's

Ryan has been working Saturday and Sunday nights for almost a year now (on top of his Tuesday through Saturday full time job at Sam's club), so he spends a lot of time sleeping during the day on the weekends to make up for the sleep he isn't getting. Because of that, I have spent more weekends this year taking the girls up to visit my grandparents so we could have someone to spend time with while Ryan is sleeping or working. 

I am so grateful that we live so close to them. (Mom and Dad, you need to move up here too!) As a kid I lived about an hour away from Grannie and Papa and we went to their house for every holiday, they were able to come to all our birthday parties and family events, and I spent a week every summer at Grannie Camp growing up. I just love my grandparents so much and I love seeing MY own daughters (it's still kind of crazy to me that I have not just one but TWO kids!) spending time with them. 

Just this last weekend my sister and I visited (before the statewide mandate to not spend time with anyone outside your household, don't worry.) and when we got there I noticed a bunch of leaves in the backyard (and if you've seen their backyard, you would know how unusual that is. My grandpa keeps the yard immaculate. The grass is green and mowed weekly, and the leaves are always raked up in a timely fashion.) Grannie told me she made Papa leave some leaves there for Rose to jump in. Don't you love that? Doesn't that make you want to visit your grandparents and jump in their leaves?????

Anyway, I just love visiting my grandparents, it is one of my favorite things to do! I don't always take good pictures while there but these are pictures I took when I visited with Emily and the girls in September. Grannie let us use all of her stuff and make a disaster in her kitchen to make one of my favorite cakes. Also, I got these first two pictures of Grannie playing with Lucy. She doesn't like pictures of herself so I had to take these sneakily.  














1 comment:

  1. Super sweet, and the cake looks like it turned out great!

    ReplyDelete