Wednesday, December 29, 2021

Trip to Texas Part 1- September 2021

 In September, Rose, Lucy, and I had the chance to go to Texas to stay with my parents for two weeks! I would have loved if Ryan could have come for part of the trip, but we had a lot of fun going back to my high school home and hanging out with my parents and Carson and enjoying being in the South again. (I especially love what the humidity does for Rose's hair 😍 it's so curly in Texas!) These first few pictures are from the creek near my parent's home. I spend many many many hours here as a teenager and it was fun to show Rose this beautiful little place and I got to take family pictures for a friend here too! 

The next pictures are from a little afternoon visit to Rustoration Ranch, owned by some family friends. Rose and Lucy were afraid of the baby chickens πŸ˜‚ but loved getting to see the rabbits, horses, and long horns. We even got to feed the horses and longhorns. In one of the pictures, Lucy had just almost fed her whole arm to one horse. πŸ˜…πŸ˜¬ We were too wimpy to hand the food to the longhorns, so we threw treats to them through the fence. Their horns are ENORMOUS! Way bigger in person than they look in the pictures! 

My top priorities while in Texas were to take Rose to the beach (which will be in a part two blog post because I took a million pictures), to get chocolate covered Round Rock Donuts (the best donuts in the world), to get dessert at Thai Spoon, to let my dad cook as many meals for me as possible (my love language), and to enjoy two extra weeks of warm weather and pool days (our Provo pool closed the first week we were in Texas, so we took advantage of the neighborhood pool in Texas while we could!) And of course to enjoy our time with my mom and dad and Carson. ❤️❤️❤️ And the trip was totally successful! We had a blast! We'll probably be back in another 2 years and I bet the girls will be pro travelers by then! 

Oh, I forgot to mention that I was so nervous about flying solo with two little girls, but they were amazing and everyone was so kind to us at the airport. Lucy was technically a lap baby, but on both flights we had an extra seat and no one said anything about me letting her sit in the empty seat. They were both so well behaved and had a ton of fun getting to experience something fun and out of the ordinary. (My last two solo trips with just Rose while I was pregnant with Lucy were NOT good, so I was pleasantly surprised at how smooth the trip was this time). 


























Not sure how she feels about this small thing that moves. πŸ˜‚




Have you ever seen a cuter grandma? 😍






I found this purse that I made in high school out of capri sun pouches and Rose carried it around with her EVERYWHERE our entire trip. 😍 3 year olds are just so cute!







Can you even handle those pig tails? 



Just after Lucy's hand almost got bitten off πŸ€ͺ She was not afraid one bit of the horse's mouth. πŸ˜…


I tried so hard to capture how giant these horns are, but pictures just don't do it justice. 


"They're THIS big"




Our dear friend, Ardelle, showing us around ❤️






See what I mean about those curls?






Lucy has the biggest, beautiful eyes. 


Prepare yourself for the many faces of Rose. πŸ˜‚




πŸ˜‚



Lucy was just figuring out how to walk in the beginning of September. 😍















The cicadas were really loud over here and they freaked Rose out. 


My mom is a genius and gave Rose ziplock bags that she could put leaves in and Rose ended up spending a ton of time in the backyard picking leaves and putting them in her bags. 









If there is one thing I could bottle up from babyhood, it would be the adorable knuckle dimples on their hands. 😍




I learned my lesson when we flew to Alaska to provide yummy but nutritious snacks for the kids because it is NOT fun when toddlers puke on the plane. 😬😬😬




Lucy and Rose found this picture and recognized Dada 😍






It wouldn't be a complete trip to see Carson if Rose didn't pester him a little bit. πŸ˜‚











Brother and sister trip to get donuts (where they mistakenly gave us 20 glazed donuts and 4 chocolate instead of the 20 chocolate and 4 glazed that we asked for. 😭)



My mom and I went to Target and found bath dye AND bath paints so we had to get them to try of course! (Lucy immediately stuck a huge glob of paint in her mouth though...) 

My favorite dessert from Thai Spoon. ❤️

Going to church




Just a few pictures of some cute sisters. ❤️




Heading out 😒









1 comment:

  1. I can see why you love the humidity in Texas, Rose looks so sweet in her curls! Very happy you got to have such a great time flying back and forth with the girls. Lucy looks like she is much older sitting in that airline seat by herself!πŸ’•

    ReplyDelete