Thursday, January 6, 2022

Visiting the Pumpkin Patch at Rowley's Red Barn

We've been to Rowley's Red Barn every year that Rose has been alive for their pumpkin patch/fall festival. It's a little more on the pricey side of pumpkin patch's in the area, but it's the one we go to every year, so I have a hard time letting it go, and going to a different one. We do always have a really great time though!

Last year was the first year that Rose could really have a ton of fun and feel excited about being there with the slides, the corn maze, the pumpkins, the donuts, and I knew this year would be even more fun! 

We started with the corn maze. They had a little game where you were supposed to find animal tracks and then use a crayon to rub the shape of the animal track onto a piece of paper and we had lots of fun wandering through the maze trying to find each of the tracks! 

Then we stopped at the corn pit! I've been dying to try out a corn pit since Rose was born and this is the first year they had one here (at least that I noticed!) and I was so thrilled! Rose and Lucy both had a blast sitting in the corn and throwing it around. (When we came home and got Rose into her pjs there was a handful of corn kernels in her underwear and I still laugh when I think about it. 😂😂😂) 

Next we took some family pictures in the apple orchard (probably my favorite family pictures to date), and saw one of my roommates from college who offered to take the pictures for us! 

After that the sun was going down, so we went and warmed up by the fire, and looked at a few of the other attractions that Rose and Lucy weren't super interested in trying, so we waited for the trailers to come pick us up so we could go buy the famous apple cider donuts to eat on the way home. 

It was lots of fun, as usual, and I can't wait to do it again next year! 




























































































No comments:

Post a Comment