Monday, January 2, 2023

June 2022 - Camping at Buffalo Peak

June 2022

We went camping 4 times in 2022. 3 times while I was pregnant, and 1 time a month after having a baby. The first two camping trips were quite uncomfortable, so I was planning on being DONE camping for a while. But then Ryan had this great idea for us to go camping with our friends in June (can I mention that I was hugely pregnant? Like 8 months pregnant?) and I have FOMO which came out especially strong this summer while pregnant, because I didn't want to miss out on any summer time experiences, so we planned it and went camping at Buffalo Peak with some of our friends from church. The Nanto's are the best. They are so nice to our kids, and Rose is best friends with their twins. Lucy was SO grumpy the afternoon we got there, and Tyler was determined to cheer her up. And Johanna led the kids around through the fields while Ryan and I slowly set up our stuff (since I was very little help in my condition). In spite of my being so pregnant, we had a ton of fun. The weather was so nice, the area was beautiful, we had biscuits and gravy for dinner and then French toast with fruit and whipped cream for breakfast. The kids had so much fun running around in the grass and trees and looking for flowers and sticks. 
We were able to put the kids to bed when it got dark, and then us parents stayed up late talking and looking at the stars and freezing (because fires weren't allowed this time). Then we went to bed in our separate tents and I don't think we slept very much. It's a bit difficult to sleep on the ground (+ foam pad and sleeping bag) in the third trimester (let's be honest, it's hard to sleep on the worlds comfiest bed with all the pillows in the world in the 3rd trimester haha). And it's been 6 months since this camping trip, but I think the kids had a hard time sleeping as well and kept waking us up. But I could be remembering wrong. 

BUT all in all, this was probably my favorite camping trip of the year. I'm hoping we can make it an annual trip!













































































 

No comments:

Post a Comment