Friday, January 6, 2023

Quinn's Baby Blessing

 Quinn's baby blessing was a very last minute thrown together event. I honestly hadn't thought about it at all until my mom was here and I realized that she wouldn't be here again until Christmas. So, I texted our bishop and asked if it would be possible to have Quinn blessed that weekend while my mom was still here, and he said "Of course!" 

Quinn was only 2 weeks old and I hadn't thought ahead so I dug through the clothes I had for him to see if I could find something white for him to wear. I ended up ordering a little white sleeper set instead that just barely managed to get to me in time for church on Sunday. (Rose and Lucy both wore the dress I was blessed in, but since we don't live in the 1800's I decided I probably shouldn't put Quinn in a little dress for his blessing.) 

Somehow, even though we planned this only a few days in advance, most everyone that we wanted to come was able to be here, except for my dad who was in Texas, my brother Jared and his wife who were traveling, and some of Ryan's siblings who couldn't make the drive so last minute. Grannie and Papa, Ryan's dad and Lisa, my Mom, Carson, Emily, Rayna, Chris, Jillian, Pamela, Lyle, Tressa, Preston, Matt, Paige, Isaac, Jonathan and Trevor and their girlfriends. It was our first time back at church after Quinn was born and it was kind of chaotic trying to get out the door. So everyone we invited to church got there before us. And we were late. (My usual standard of time.) But the blessing was beautiful as always. And I'm glad it worked out even though it felt kind of chaotic to plan 2 weeks after having a baby. 

I also realized we would need to do a luncheon afterwards, because that's what people do. But everyone helped out and we had a yummy lunch of chicken salad sandwiches, fruit, chips, and cookies in our backyard which managed to stay shady the whole afternoon in spite of the crazy hot July weather. 































No comments:

Post a Comment